“Prison Island brings an indoor adventure with 26 challenges to the capital.” Prison Island Abu Dhabi
A new, exciting indoor adventure destination is opening in Abu Dhabi next week. Prison Island Abu Dhabi located on level 3 of Abu Dhabi Mall will open its doors early next month offering visitors 26 immersive cells to conquer.
Teamwork is key to complete the tricky challenges and collect points while the time is ticking away. Cells have varying levels of difficulty in terms of tactics, physical and mental challenges and the harder they are to solve determines the number of points up for grabs. Prison Island entry fees are charged per hour and two hours should be long enough to complete the adventure.
There were a good variety of different activities with some cells testing your physical strength and agility while others tested your knowledge, quick fire reactions, logic and coordination skills. Our personal favourite cells were Joker, Music, Einstein, The Burglar and Kettlebell. Choose your team members wisely to complete the challenges and secure the most points.
How does it work?
- First pick your team members. Teams can be between 2-6 players but 3+ players is the optimum number in my experience (as a team of 2 we struggled with some of the physical challenges).
- Next up choose a team name, register at reception and the team leader will be given an electronic key.
- Choose any cell with a green light to get started using the electronic key to enter. Once a team enters the cell the light goes red to show it’s occupied.
- Each room has a different name related to its activity, a maximum number of points available and there’s a clue to solving the challenge on the outside.
- Cells can be visited in any order and you can visit any cell as many times as you want.
- A digital leaderboard in the corridor shows your team’s cumulative score and that of other teams of inmates.
Prison Island is a fun activity to play with friends or family but also great as a team building event or for a children’s birthday party. If you are a fan of the TV show The Crystal Maze you will definitely love Prison Island Abu Dhabi. Channel your enthusiasm and test your limits to see if you have what it takes to #BeatTheBars.
Location: Level 3, Abu Dhabi Mall, Abu Dhabi
Cost: AED 125/AED 105 per hour for adults/children
Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday 12 noon – 10pm. Friday – Sunday 12 noon – 12 midnight
Teams can be 2-6 players from age 8 and over. Active wear and sneakers are advised.
I was invited to a preview event. All views are my own based on my experience. Unless otherwise stated all photos © Jo Brett 2022. All rights reserved.